You like free tools which make running your business easier, and lower your costs and overhead, am I right? Good.
Right now, I’m going to share with you some free marketing and business development tools. These tools all will give your business a face lift, or help you be more productive.
Here are 11 of my top free marketing tools resources you could or should be using right now…
- 1. A real no brainer. WordPress.com is a free blog and free hosting platform. I’m not recommending you try to run your business here. In fact, they won’t let you sell things. What it does is extend your footprint on the web for free.Sure it’s true many businesses started there. At one time you could sell things from your WordPress.com site. Today it’s importance can’t be overlooked for extending the ways you can be found on the web.
- 2. Google Analytics. My coaching students know this well. You must track everything in your business. While Google Analytics isn’t the best website analytics, it is definitely an excellent way to get started using a web analytics program and doing A/B split testing because it is completely free.The bottom line is, if you don’t track what is happening on your business website, you throw money away and waste opportunities to help your customers and improve their experience at your website.
- 3. Picmonkey. Picmonkey is an online photo editor. There is both a free version and a paid version. Get started with the free version. It’s for people like you and me who aren’t really image experts, but would like to dress up your photos and make them unique or special for your audience.
- 4. Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Your business should be on all 4 of these, even if just to give you a presence. Just being there gives you credibility. Plus you gain raving fans and customers if you like social interaction online. Plus, all four are free.
- 5. Bing Ad Intelligence. Created by Bing Ads, this amazing free tool works as a companion to Microsoft Excel. It allows you to rapidly build list of targeted keywords, build intelligent keyword strategies. You get costs, demographics, relevance, volume, historical and forecasted data in more. You must have this.
- 6. WordPress self hosted content management software. This can be found at WordPress.org. If you don’t know about it as a online business owner, you have been living in a cave. No, it is not just for blogs. You can make any kind of website using WordPress. It’s easy, it’s dynamic, and it constantly gets better and better.
- 7. Youtube. If you don’t do any video marketing or have any videos about your business, you should. They are easy to make, and free to host at the world’s second largest, unofficial search engine: Youtube. You can even create videos right on the site completely free. Finally, since Google owns Youtube, they love to put the videos in the top rankings.
- 8. Google Webmaster Tools. If you understand the importance of knowing what the search engines think of your website, then you should be using this free webmaster tool for any and all of your websites. It is separate from Google Analytics, and it allows you to improve your website’s visibility in the the Google search engine results.This tools suggest HTML improvements and provides warning of things like broken links. You will especially realize the value if – no when you get hacked. It’s simple, and you don’t have to be a techie to set it up and use it.
There is actually 12 tools listed above (number 4 has 5 tools listed), and no excuse for not using them. You can also check the many other free options we have available at your leisure.
Be sure to list below any free tools you use in your business which make you life easier, and your business more manageable and productive.